Motherhood Session Information
It's not just about the baby. #unpopularopinion
Birth is a metaphor for life. For motherhood itself.
You choose to be present. You choose to be aware. You choose to be in control. Yet fully surrendered.
Motherhood will transform you.
Why wouldn't you document it?
Step 1 - Scheduling your session
Booking is done 100% online and is super quick and easy. To reserve your session date, you will choose a date and time on my calendar that works for you, pay a session fee of $125, and sign a contract outlining all of the details, terms and conditions of your session. If you are having a difficult time finding an available date that works for you, please feel free to reach out. I always try to be as flexible as possible and I am happy to work with you to find a date for your session.
As you are looking through your calendar to find a date, here are a few things to consider:
- My availability on the weekends is extremely limited. Many clients who work regular business hours find that by scheduling in the early morning or late in the afternoon, they're able to work a session in without losing much (if any) work time.
- Spring and fall tend to be the busiest time of year for outdoor sessions. If you would like a session during one of those times, especially on a weekend, please get in touch as soon as possible.
- If you have a particular holiday or date by which you need prints or gifts (ie: a baby shower, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, etc.), you will want to schedule your session at least one month prior to when you need your gift to make sure there is plenty of time for processing and printing of your photos.
- Babies and young children generally do well with sessions taking place first thing in the morning (which just happens to be beautiful lighting!). If you have children under five years old that you want to include in your session, I encourage you to consider a session at or as close to sunrise as you can reasonably be ready.
- If you have older children (or a baby who is not a morning person), another time of day that gives us great light is late afternoon/early evening - usually about 1.5 hours before sunset.
- Beautiful photos can be made in any kind of weather, but I get that not everyone is excited to be photographed in pouring rain or freezing cold. I can and do reschedule sessions for inclement weather, but I am also happy to use your home or an alternative indoor location if sticking to the schedule is a priority.
Step 2 - The Session
Once your session is official, I will send you a guide that will walk you through everything - from what to expect during your session to choosing outfits. If something does come up that isn't covered, please feel free to reach out!
A few days before your session, I will reach out to confirm our time and location. At that point, if the forecast is questionable or someone isn't feeling well, we can talk about options for rescheduling. Otherwise, that's the perfect time to ask any last-minute questions or let me know if you've come up with any creative ideas we haven't discussed.
Then, we get together and capture the magic...
Step 3 - the Fun Part!
Within a couple weeks of your session you will receive an email from me letting you know that your photos are ready! Then, you will decide on a 24 hour period when you want to view your slideshow. I recommend choosing a time when you can relax and enjoy it - make it special!
After you've had a chance to view your slideshow (and maybe wipe away the tears), you will then select the collection you want to purchase. After you've purchased your collection, you will have a full month to decide which specific digital files and print items you want to use to fill that collection - zero pressure!
If you're like me and like to see and feel things like album covers in person, I have samples that you're more than welcome to check out. Just let me know and we can set up a time to ooh and ahh at them together :)
- Your choice of 8 high resolution digital files with print release
- $60.00 gift credit toward your choice of anything in the print store: prints, frames, albums, digital files, etc.
- Your choice of 15 high resolution digital files with print release
- $175.00 gift credit toward your choice of anything in the print store: prints, frames, albums, digital files, etc.
- All high resolution digital files with print release
- $350.00 gift credit toward your choice of anything in the print store: prints, frames, albums, digital files, etc.
What you do with your images is perhaps the most important aspect to consider when you're planning for a photo session - but it's all too often the part that's overlooked.
You've invested time and money. You deserve better than photos gathering dust on a hard drive somewhere (or worse yet - lost in the digital ether). You will never get the same feeling looking at your photos on a screen as you will seeing them on your wall or flipping through them in an album, so I include a substantial print credit with every collection. Below is a sample from the print store
PROFESSIONAL LAB PRINTS
These are not your typical drugstore prints. You will fall in love with these luxurious silk like prints that are true to color and fingerprint resistant. Gift prints are perfect for sharing with friends and family, and you can bet your bottom dollar that they’ll last for a lifetime (plus some). Add a hard-back mount and display anywhere without a frame
Starting at $30
Keepsake boxes are perfect for the sentimental person who loves to hold onto physical treasures as well as printed photos. Each keepsake box is custom designed and can include names, dates, birth stats, a meaningful quote, etc. Then, you choose 5 images to be included as 5x7 prints inside your box.
Starting at $185
Let your creativity run wild! These are perfect for announcing your baby’s birth, or sharing with friends and family for the holidays. Using my design templates, you get to customize the perfect card to share your joy with those closest to you.
Starting at $85
Your photos are printed on heirloom quality fine art paper that lays completely flat when you open it. The pages are nice and thick to stand the test of time (and little fingers). Your album will hold up to 30 of your favorite images, and can be customized with a full photo cover or your choice of cover materials and colors
Starting at $600
"She captured emotion in every moment perfectly."
- Hannah, Lincoln NE